Spokane Valley Family In Need, Can You Help Now – Even a Little?
The “O” Family
The “O” family is a Spokane Valley family that has 6 kiddos in our school district and 2 adults. They are living in a 36 foot RV right now and have been living there for 4 months. They had to move out of their rental home suddenly when their landlords went into foreclosure on the property, which they were not made aware of. It took a lot of their money to move all their belongings into storage and to get a Mobile Home Park slip. They are awaiting some low-income housing that would be big enough for their family of 8. They are in need of some hope and some help. Even a little help would be much appreciated!
• One of the most urgent things for this family Spokane Valley family right now is for their Storage Unit to be paid up-to-date by November 3rd or the contents of their Storage Unit will be completely auctioned off November 4th. They would lose all of their belongings that are in storage that they could use once they are able to get into some low income housing.
I believe that it is around $160 (**see below). Can you do $20?? If 8 people did $20 -- we could get this need met!
***UPDATE – I called the storage place yesterday, ABC Storage – N. of the Freeway off of Pines, and they said they need to pay $205 by this Tuesday (Nov. 3rd) for the storage not to go into Auction status – which incurs more penalties. I also asked them if there was anything they could do, and there was a few community members trying to help this family. The worker was going to talk w/ the manager today and will get back to me.
***UPDATE (10/30)– we have received $60 by asking 10 people to donate $20 each. Even $10 donation will help us get closer to meeting this need!
***11/1 UPDATE -- 4 more people have stepped up and promised to give for this family - so now we are at 9 families who have given a total of $210 - we needed $205!!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I know the "O" family will be so blessed by this news (I am seeing them today & will share with them!) If those who said you could help could get the $ to me tomorrow, I will take it directly to the Storage Facility tomorrow. WAY TO GO EVERYONE!!!! WHAT A HUGE BLESSING YOU HAVE BEEN TO THIS FAMILY! This will give this family more time to be able to pay their total bill off, and keep them from having their things go into auction.
• They are also in need of help fixing their only vehicle's clutch (on an older truck.) The cost to fix this is around $500 estimated. They are only able to get around by STA right now. If you know of anyone who might be willing to help, please contact me.
***11/17 UPDATE: As of Monday, this family has received a donation from another family of a 7 passenger VAN!!!
• They also are in need of some STA bus passes. As of November, she said they would need 3.
***11/17 UPDATE: Not needed now, since the awesome donation of the listed above van!
• It also costs them around $12/week to do their laundry (in quarters only!) at the washing machine closest to where they are staying. There is no quarter machine there, so they have to have quarters to wash their clothes.
Here is some more information about some of their needs:
"Our family has come across hard times and we are in need of several household items. If you come across anyone that may have extras we could use them:
- Household goods are needed such as:
- baby wipes (unscented),
- pullups size 3-4T,
- Toilet Paper,
- Shampoo and Conditioner (All Natural),
- Bar Soap (Scented Free)
- Razors for men and women,
- Dish Soap (Dawn),
- Paper Towels, etc...
- Dog food and Cat food
- We do get food stamps so food items are not neccessary.
- Girl: 15 yrs old, needs shirts of any kind: M-L in adult, also need waterproof shoes 9.5 wide or snow boots. (*see below)
- Girl: 13 yrs old, needs waterproof shoes or snow boots in 9.5-10 wide.
- Boy: 13 yrs old, needs size 12-14 pants, shirts of any kind size M, needs waterproof shoes or snow boots in size 10 mens.
- Girl: 10 yrs old has a bday on 11/2/09. Needs pants that are low rise size 10 short little girls, winter shirts of all kinds size M in girls, waterproof shoes or snowboots in size 1.5 little girls.
- Boy: 8 yrs old, needs winter shirts of all kinda size 8-10, needs waterproof shoes or snowboots in size 1 little boys.
- Boy: 3 yrs old is in need of pants size 5-6T. Winter shirts size 5-6T and waterproof shoes or snowboots size 11.5 little boys.
- Adult male needs 3XLT shirts of any kind.
- Adult female needs size 12 average pants.
***UPDATE 10/29 -- we have found a donor for boots for the family! Thank you!!!
***11/17 UPDATE A donation was made to the family in clothes - so now the whole family, except for the 2 younger ones, all have newer clothing, winter boots and coats! Thank you for your help!
***11/17 UPDATE A donation from a community member was made for a Winco Gift Card so the family was able to purchase all the toiletry items needed. THANK YOU!
***11/17 UPDATE - the 2 younger kiddos have also received clothing now, so clothing is not an issue - for now. THANK YOU!
(The unscented & all natural items are needed because there is a sever allergy in the family. Even hugging one of the family members who is wearing something washed in tide - can make the person pass out.)
HOW YOU CAN HELP? -- You can contact me if you have any items that you'd like to give the family. Our Central Valley Council PTA has also just set up a fund for Spokane Valley kiddos and families in need that can take your charitable tax deductible donation, and you can receive a receipt from us. Just contact me for more information by sending me a message if you are able to help in any way. Thank you for helping!